Get Your Head Out of the Sand
You knew you had to have a website, so you built one. And there you have it -- your "presence" on the web.
Then along comes social media marketing and you give it full priority over all else Internet marketing related, because "everybody's on Facebook." And, of course, that's true. According to Facebook's fourth quarter 2017 report worldwide, there are over 2.13 billion monthly active Facebook users for Q4 2017. That's a number too big to ignore, no doubt, and you need to engage in effective social media management.
But I want to give you some other statistics you shouldn't ignore:
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine
- Google currently holds 80.5% of total search engine market share
- 81% of people perform some type of online research before making a large purchase
- 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engines
- 70-80% of people ignore paid search results, choosing to only click on organic listings