Now, before we get started I want to make it clear that I'm no engineer. Websites, SEO, and marketing? Got ya covered! Automotive repair? Not so much.
A HILLBILLY FIX
Months ago the inside driver’s door handle on my car broke. For a while, I would roll down the window to open the door from the inside. It was inconvenient, but when it comes to things mechanical, I’m not all that savvy.
With winter coming I needed a better way to open my door, so I took off the door handle, rigged a small chain around the cable that opens the latch, then fed it through the opening by the handle and voila! A redneck rigging to be sure, but it got the job done.
Get Your Head Out of the Sand
You knew you had to have a website, so you built one. And there you have it -- your "presence" on the web.
Then along comes social media marketing and you give it full priority over all else Internet marketing related, because "everybody's on Facebook." And, of course, that's true. According to Facebook's fourth quarter 2017 report worldwide, there are over 2.13 billion monthly active Facebook users for Q4 2017. That's a number too big to ignore, no doubt, and you need to engage in effective social media management.
But I want to give you some other statistics you shouldn't ignore:
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine
- Google currently holds 80.5% of total search engine market share
- 81% of people perform some type of online research before making a large purchase
- 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engines
- 70-80% of people ignore paid search results, choosing to only click on organic listings